Astra WordPress Theme Review
Welcome to Astra WordPress Theme Review updated for 2022.
Astra is one of the most popular, fastest-growing, and highest-rated WordPress themes today, but is it right for you?
We cannot stress enough the importance of choosing the right subject. If you choose wrong, it will be like building a skyscraper in a city with height restrictions: you will limit how much you can grow.
We have built dozens of websites on Astra and have consistently delivered amazing website designs. We can’t wait to tell you all about this real, honest and unbiased review.
In it we will review:
- What is Astra (and why is it so popular?)
- What sets Astra apart among WP themes?
- Real performance data so you can see how fast they really are in the wild.
- Take a deep dive into Astra’s features so you can see how it works before you make a decision.
- Astra Plus pricing which plans to buy based on my experience.
Why I always work with fast themes (please read first)
Before we dive into the details, there is one important thing to learn about WordPress themes that we learned the hard way.
And it is less about it as follows:
“As a rule of thumb, it’s almost always better to go with a theme built for speed rather than one built for functionality or aesthetics.”
Well, first, if your site doesn’t load within two seconds, the bounce rate increases drastically. You can design the Mona Lisa of websites, but it’s no good if no one sticks around long enough to see it.
But speed is also important from the point of view of development. It’s infinitely easier to take a quick theme and build it than it is to go back and “do it right after you’ve built a website.”
Think about it…
Trying to make a theme faster after adding plugins, images, custom designs, fonts, new pages and everything else that makes a good site a good site often takes a lot of work!
Trying to rush a subject that is not designed for speed is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. So in that way, you’re shooting yourself in the foot from the start if you’re not using a theme built for speed.
Guess how we know?
As an agency, the last thing you want is for your clients to come to you complaining that their site is too slow, and you have to break the news that there’s nothing you can do to fix it.
And as a business, if you’re not using a theme that’s built for speed, your site will eventually bloat to the point where the speed state of your pages can lead to lost rankings, bounce rates, and lost conversions.
Moral of the story: Choose any theme you like, but we highly recommend a quick theme.
Back to the Astra WordPress Theme Review…
Let’s get started with our Astra WP theme review!
Is Astra worth it? The short and honest truth
Astra is one of the best WordPress themes out there. If you want the easiest way to build a professional and fast website with minimal effort, then yes Astra should be your choice. And with speed built into the design, it’s easy to resize without sacrificing page speed (and conversions).
The free version of Astra is enough to build a premium website. And with Tromiasites, you can have a customized and fully functional website in a matter of hours.
Currently, there are over a million happy users running fast, smooth, beautifully designed websites with this theme, and most pay $0.
We’ll go into great detail about all the features and pricing in this guide, but long story short, we highly recommend the Astra if…
- You want a lightning-fast theme
- You want fully functional websites in a few clicks
- You want a site that can grow without sacrificing speed
- You want to work with a theme that is fully compatible with the most popular page builders
Read More about myshopify.
What is Astra’s theme?
Astra theme is a free WordPress theme from Brainstorm Force with an amazing million+ users. It is one of the only themes in history to exceed a million users and still maintain an average 1-star rating.
Its popularity stems from three main factors:
- It’s incredibly easy: it loads in less than half a second and maintains speed even when you grow your site.
- It’s Highly Customizable: Unlike most other fast themes, Astra is still customizable. Usually, if you want a fast site, it has to be a little “weird”, you know? Astra is light but feels
- almost like Avada or Divi (see how you can create any kind of website with Divi).
- Get a website in hours, not days: agency owners love Astra for its speed. And I don’t mean load time – I mean how fast you can get a site. The pre-produced sites or “Astra sites” allow
- you to create a customized site in a few hours or less without headaches.
- The free version of Astra is enough to build a beautiful custom website – no upgrade required.
Astra can be upgraded to its premium version by purchasing the Astra Pro add-on. This is a plugin that allows you to access the premium modules.
But what about the company behind WP Astra, Brainstorm Force? Are they reputable suppliers?
Some of their well-known plugins are the ultimate plugins for Beaver Builder and Elementor, and they also worked on Beaver Builder itself. They extend the capability of said page builders by adding new widgets, blocks, elements, or custom templates. (CollectiveRay has featured a bunch of these plugins on this site in the WordPress > Plugins section).
They are also the team behind the popular Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg, which turns the Gutenberg editor into what we can call a mini “WordPress page builder”. It adds advanced custom blocks with extended features and capabilities.
In short, they have been around for a while, they are a reliable and reputable supplier with many successful products.
See Our home page: Free Website Making.